Thursday, May 05, 2005

Thinkin' About Shit...

The title of this post may be misleading--I'm not actually thinking about this and that--but rather just plain ole shit. Shit is a funny thing--it smells really bad, makes a big mess, can make even the strongest of stomachs weak--yet in the correct form can be used in a beneficial way.

Think about it...Cow manure is nothing more than just plain cow shit; yet when worked into a flower bed or garden it can help make beautiful things grow. Who would've ever thought something coming out of a cow's ass would come in so handy?! Hell, we even pay money for it--go figure...

Shit gets a really bum rap I think. The word itself is so fun to say, but its use is discouraged because it's naughty. When you ram your toe into a corner, what's the one thing (I mean the only thing) that makes you feel better right away--you got it--scream the word "SHIT!" It works way better than neosporin and a bandaid. It's medicinal value is priceless.

My philosophy on shit is as follows--if the smelly kind of shit can be used in a beneficial way, then why can't we take life's shit that is thrown at us and figure out how to make it work for us in a positive way? WAIT A MINUTE--I think this is called "learning a lesson"--shit, and I thought I was on to something here...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been thinking about shit latelty too. 'cause they keep putting cow shit in our flowerbeds on warm texas days. penn and i always pass and i say "ppeeeeewwww," and he tries to smell his own butt to see if he went potty. ha!

3:22 AM  
Blogger ginger said...

Shit is one of my favorite words, Gaye! I LOVED this post!

6:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so glad you found time to post with the all the company!!!

this was hilarious .. and it IS a good lesson, mother dear

7:48 AM  
Blogger fairygirl701 said...

BWAHAHAHAA! Very funny and very, very true. Great post! Good how you tied everything together!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Chris Streeter Davis said...

That shit is too funny! After reading the word shit so much, it started to sound and look weird. Love the post! :)

11:24 PM  
Blogger Reality Chick said...

One of my favortie anecdotes used my my word-smith father is this. When having a bad day, or when wanting to express extreme displeasure at one's surroundings, he has been heard to say, "I feel like someone hit me upside my head with a crocheted bag of shit." Stop for one moment and imagine that. Imagine how well shit would stay in a crocheted bag. Feel free to use this phrase as often as possible. I call 'em 'Bobby-Burtisms'.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

r.c.--I'd love to hear some more 'Bobby-Burtisms'--he sounds like a riot!!!!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home