Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dodge Ball

Lined up against the wall
The other team taking aim
I’m the target; I can sense it.

Trying to distract with wit
The glare only becomes more focused
Waiting me out, time standing still…

Adrenaline rushing inside
Outwardly remaining calm
Wondering if I can dodge the inevitable.

The speeding ball makes contact
Taking my breath away
The glare remains focused.

This is not a game; it’s life
Dodging is not an option
The keeper of the ball will claim victory.

Seizing the ball
Readying my aim
Finding safety in holding it.

Dodge ball was never my game of choice
It made me feel powerless
As does life, everytime I release the ball.

Dust In The Wind--Kansas

5 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

WOW! You nailed it, girl. Nailed it down tight. Well freakin' done!

10:27 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

hey...can i get your email address...you gave me your prediction and i am trying to make sure i have all emails too...that way i can keep better track... :)

thanks...

peace...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Buffalo--you are too,too kind--u sweet thing u! (don't you roll those eyes mister!!)lol

monkey--love your blog; such fun! My email is gayefox@gmail.com --you giving away prizes to the winner?! I LOVE prizes!! Here's wishing a safe healthy pregnancy and delivery--and a beautiful baby of course!! I just love baby toes...so sweet...

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm searching the internet to get a bit of information on another CHS grad and I find a link to this blog!
Glad I did, I have marked it and will return to read more of your wonderful postings later.
I will send an email to the address you gave above to say hi.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Gaye said...

Jenny--You're all grown up!!--I feel sooo old! Thanks for stopping by!!

JAS!!--I refuse to read instructions to board games. I always made up my own rules. That's why Candyland was always my favorite game--it was so simple--(easy to cheat too!)YAY!!

juicy couture--thanks for giving me a read. I'll be sure to check out your blog and leave a comment. You come back now, ya here??

HEY BRETT!!! Go Tigers Go!! Thanks for the email; look forward to hearing from ya again!!!!!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home