Saturday, May 31, 2008

Those Ole Windows…

Windows. Three floor to ceiling windows. Side by side. Overlooking a peaceful pond; slightly unkept. A majestic tree on the bank strapped with a wooden slat swing that echoed with laughter from soaring.

Windows with a view of a crystal blue sky; marshmallow clouds; storms brewing; birds in flight; starry skies. I wonder what they were to the rest of the household?? Just windows… I don’t know.

For me it was the only place in the house where I was not alone; even if I was home alone. I visited these windows several times a day; on my knees—-always in awe of the endless sky. I talked and prayed and felt I was being listened to. I would always say, “If you hear me; just give me a sign.” A bird would fly over the pond and out of sight every time.

I laughed, cried, begged, cussed, asked why, and said thank you in front of those ole windows. I was weak and I was strong there. I found a picture of them the other day and realized how many pages of my life they were on. Page after page there was time I spent in front of them.

The house sold a few months ago and I went there for the last time. In the front door; straight up the stairs; and into the bedroom with those ole windows. I felt the tears begin to roll down my face as I gazed at the peaceful pond and majestic tree. My daughter asked why I was crying… “Because this is where I came everyday and prayed for us all.”

Now they belong to someone else; maybe they need them more than I did. In any case I hope they take the time to stop and gaze through the glass at what’s on the other side… beauty, tranquility, and a page in the book of their life.

When I Look To The Sky
Train

2 Comments:

Blogger Buffalo said...

Nicely written, GEG

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful post

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home